When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all times. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.
We can help you if:
- You are a resident of the Coquitlam–Maillardville riding; and
- Your matter is with the provincial government.
What my Community Office can help you with:
Assistance & Advocacy:
- We can help you locate the services or programs you need and help you understand your rights under those programs.
Information & Referral:
- We can provide information about provincial government policies and legislation.
- Our office can provide documents, legislation, discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access.
- We know what services are available in our community and can make appropriate referrals.
Supporting Community Events:
- We can promote community events through our website, social media, e-newsletter or community office*.
- We can attend community events.
Congratulatory Messages & Recognition:
- Our office provides certificates and letters signed by the MLA for significant birthdays and anniversaries. You can contact our office directly or click here to order your message online.
- We also provide congratulatory messages for special achievements and other events.
- Our office accepts signed petitions for Selina to present in the Legislature. (Click here for Legislative Assembly petition guidelines.)
*Provincial government rules restrict the type of events we can promote so please ask us for details.
Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:
- You have retained a lawyer to represent you regarding your case;
- Your matter is before the courts.
- The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please go to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.
We are unable to:
- Offer legal advice or assist with legal action
- Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
- Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature –such as the Ombudsperson, Police Complaints Commissioner, Representative for Children and Youth, etc.
- Change the time limits for filing appeals
- Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature
- Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours
- Find constituents housing
- Find constituents employment