Services & Help

When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all times. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.

We can help you if:

  • You are a resident of the Coquitlam–Maillardville riding; and
  • Your matter is with the provincial government.

What my Community Office can help you with:


Assistance & Advocacy:

  • We can help you locate the services or programs you need and help you understand your rights under those programs.

Information & Referral:

  • We can provide information about provincial government policies and legislation.
  • Our office can provide documents, legislation, discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access.
  • We know what services are available in our community and can make appropriate referrals.

Supporting Community Events:

  • We can promote community events through our website, social media, e-newsletter or community office*.
  • We can attend community events.

Congratulatory Messages & Recognition:

  • Our office provides certificates and letters signed by the MLA for significant birthdays and anniversaries.  You can contact our office directly or click here to order your message online.
  • We also provide congratulatory messages for special achievements and other events.


  • Our office accepts signed petitions for Selina to present in the Legislature.  (Click here for Legislative Assembly petition guidelines.)

*Provincial government rules restrict the type of events we can promote so please ask us for details.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • You have retained a lawyer to represent you regarding your case;
  • Your matter is before the courts.
  • The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please go to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

We are unable to:

  • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
  • Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature –such as the Ombudsperson, Police Complaints Commissioner, Representative for Children and Youth, etc.
  • Change the time limits for filing appeals
  • Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature
  • Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours
  • Find constituents housing
  • Find constituents employment